Don’t let bed bugs spoil your holiday, whether you are staying in a five-star hotel, a luxury villa or a Airbnb, bed bugs are happy to stay anywhere! That’s why Pest2Kill are here to provide an expert termination, Bed Bug Removal and effective pest control service.
Whether your choice of holiday accommodation is a hotel, motel, hostel, villa, apartment, campervan, caravan or an Airbnb rental, the last thing you want to deal with is an uninvited guest, the dreaded Bed Bug!
Bed Bugs are nocturnal, but being great hitchhikers, they spread quickly, hiding in your suitcases, in furniture in your hotel room, within your clothes and in other belongings, travelling from one destination to another, by hitching a lift on your belongings.
With bedbugs being active at night, its difficult to detect them during the day, owning a hotel or similar accommodation having a bed bug infestation can be very damaging not only on your reputation but also your business, so its beneficial to recognise the signs, and in this article will discuss the places to check and the effects of a bed-bug infestation, giving tips on seeking out and eradicating the issue, preventing damage to your establishment.
HOW TO CHECK FOR BEDBUGS IN YOUR HOTEL ROOM ….
Due to their nocturnal activity it’s not that easy to spot a bed bug infestation, below are some of the common signs to look out for:
Spot the Signs of Bed Bugs
- Dark stains on your bed or bedding could be signs of bedbug excretion.
- Small dark spots of blood, these are produced after feeding on Humans, and may be found on your mattress, these are known as ‘faecal pellets.’
- Live adult bed bugs, resembling small flat discs, tan or light brownish in colour, however they become darker in colour and larger in size after they have fed on blood.
- Bed Bugs have 5 different nymph stages of development, and at each stage they shed their exoskeleton, so you may find their shedded skins.
- If you wake up with bites, which will often appear overnight on your arms, hands, legs and feet is a definite sign that you have a bed bug issue.
SO, WHEN YOU CHECK IN, WHERE SHOULD YOU CHECK?
Despite their name, bed bugs can breed in other areas too, so when you check into your hotel accommodation, make sure you don’t just check the mattress, its important to check all of the below hiding places:
- The mattress is a bed bug hotspot, it is essential to check the mattress thoroughly, including all the mattress seams.
- The Bedframe and headboard, bed bugs will stay close to the food source, check over for any signs of infestation.
- Check wardrobes, bedside cabinets, all other furniture, and skirting boards, as these all provide hiding spaces for bed bugs, hiding within your clothes, hitch hiking into your suitcase when you pack to go home.
- Avoid unpacking your suitcase or luggage on the bed, as again this is another way they can catch a lift back to your own home.
WHY ARE BEDBUGS A PROBLEM?
Even though bed bugs are not disease carriers to humans, they punch a painful bite, feeding on the blood of mammals, particularly humans. Bed bug bites leave us with itchy raised bumps on he skin, causing great irritation, which can lead to secondary infection due to scratching the bites.
Bed Bugs can be extremely hard to get rid of and a professional treatment is strongly recommended to ensure the problem is eradicated.
Should you think that you have a bed bug infestation or would like some advice, call a professionals to treat the invasion immediately, do not delay call the professionals to treat the invasion immediately don’t let the situation get out of control. Bed bugs can be nasty call a professional pest control service to treat the problem now.. 0207 205 2229 Pest2Kill Bed Bugs in London and Essex